A team of specialist industry advisors to collectively advise on a wide range topics within the media industry and beyond.
Read more about our Team, Board of Directors and Specialist Advisors.
Dr. Richard Arning – Chairman
- Current – VP Business Development of SES Satellite Leasing, the entrepreneurial arm of SES
- Previous – Co-founded two startups. Worked for Airbus in Technology, software and systems engineering and M&A advisory
- Board member of MICTA and NorthInvest
- Doctorate degree in aerospace engineering from the Technical University RWTH Aachen in Germany
Michael Wilson – CEO
- Current – Chief Executive Officer, Isle of Media
- Previous – Managing Director of Northern Ireland ITV region, UTV. Managing Director – UTV Ireland. Managing Director – UTV Interactive. Head of Newsgathering – Five News. Managing Editor – Sky News Ireland. Senior News Editor – Sky News
- 30 years of international programme commissioning, executive producer and editor in chief experience
- Former Chair of Royal Television Society in Northern Ireland, founder member of Irish Film and Television Academy
David Beynon – Director
- Current – Director at Greenlight TV
- Producer and Director with 25 years of experience in motorsport production
- Live direction includes the FIA GT1 World Championship with up to 26 track cameras, 20 on-board cameras, effects cameras and helicopter cameras
- Over 1000 hours live directing of motorsport
Peter Duke – Director
- Current – Founder Director at Duke Marketing Ltd, one of the world’s first special interest video publishers and number 1 market position worldwide for over 30 years
- Thousands of programmes distributed about all forms of powersport to home video and broadcast clients, Duke sells over 1500 programmes as downloads and distributes over 50 via Apple and other third party digital outlets.
- In 1985, Duke commissioned the first professional coverage of the TT Races to be distributed internationally and immediately after the races (TV and video).
- Member of IOMG Broadcast Study, 1994
- member of the TT stakeholder group
- owner and operator of www.iomtt.com , the official TT website (2.1 million users)
Shelley Langan – Business Development
- Current – Analyst, SES Satellites and Member of the Isle of Man Government ‘Creative Economy’ working group, on behalf of Isle of Media.
- Previous – Sales, Marketing and Business Development in technology companies after a first career in Creative Industries and Education. Team member for Isle of Man Film Festival. Freelance actor, performer and singer.
Lián Sherriff – Manager
- Current – Manager for Isle of Media. Team member Isle of Man Film Festival.
- Previous – Advertising media sales manager Hospitality Ireland magazine and Irish Property Buyer magazine. With over 20 years experience in media, advertising sales, client services and events in Ireland.
Our Government Advisors
Zoe Guilford – Digital Agency Representative
- Current – Business Development Manager -Media, Isle of Man Government
- Having a background in film and creative industries, Zoe has a great insight in to the unique opportunities that the Island has to offer in terms of both film, media, and the creative industry
- Previous – Isle of Man Film, Manager. Festival Director, Isle of Man Film Festival.
David Mousley – Media Consultant
- Current – Founder director of Shore Media Ltd. Special Advisor on digital media, games and entertainment.
- Previous -David is the former CEO of Red Vision, UK Visual Effects and CGI company, winning two BAFTA, two Royal Television Society awards and Emmy nominations for excellence and innovation in VFX and animation. In 1999, David formed Virtual Racing Systems.
- David has been a board member of BAFTA North and a participant in the Presidential Advisory Board at the University Academy of Arts San Francisco.
Dan Walker – Digital Agency Representative
- Current – Business Development Manager – Digital & Media, Isle of Government
- Previous – With background in the technology and telecoms sector, Dan is well versed on the quality infrastructure and connectivity that the island has to offer and how this can support our growing media sector.
Our Industry Advisors
Dr Frank Hoffman
- Current – Chief Strategy Officer, MX1
- Previous -Service operations experience from PREMIERE, Sky Germany, as Director Consumer Electronics, Managing Director of its Test Solution Centre and Head of Technology Operations
- Graduate of the Chair of Services Management of the Ingolstadt School of Management
- Current -Director of Celtic Media Festival
- Previous – worked extensively in broadcasting, mainly focusing on sports production and international delivery
- Current – audit and advisory Director of KPMG LLC, Isle of Man
- Previous – As well as his audit portfolio, Simon has extensive M&A experience
- Chairman of Bridge, an Isle of Man start up accelerator connecting entrepreneurs with investors, incubators, mentors
- Current – Co-founder of Crowdfund TV, a new financing solution for the international TV industry, Chair of C21 Media, leading digital publisher providing the international TV and Digital market with news, data and analysis, and CEO of Formatzone, a TV production and distribution company
- Previous – Executive Producer of the hit series, Supernanny USA for ABC, founding Managing Director of Mentorn International which produced and distributed the hit TV show, event and toy brand ‘Robot Wars’ to over 50 countries
- 1992- 2017 – Chief Programming Officer & General Manager of AMC Networks International Enterprises Ltd, international cable and satellite broadcaster