Isle of Man – Media Career Opportunities
The Isle of Man and it’s companies are committed to providing career opportunities within the media industry.
If you are looking to relocate your media business to the Island or are expanding your current Isle of Man business, please get in touch to list your career opportunities here: email@example.com.
Manager Business Development; Video
As the entrepreneurial investment arm of the SES group, SES Satellite Leasing Ltd. is expanding into new technology areas. With the majority of the groups’ revenues in the video segment, the further portfolio evolution within the rapidly changing video landscape is a key priority.
The position of ‘Manager – Business Development; Video’ is at the epicentre between Pre-Sales, Technology and Markets and requires a strong technical and commercial knowledge of the video supply chain. Close cooperation with the SES Video Units, MX1 and Media Platforms & Product Development is essential. The incumbent will have to focus his / her mission on the development of video business and investment opportunities including working on public and commercial tenders.
The position also includes responsibilities for the development of new video related products in close cooperation with the SES Video Business Units (see above), for events, e-sports or e-health opportunities, based on hybrid satellite / terrestrial networks or IP solutions only.
A strong technical and market knowledge from a video technology perspective such as broadcast engineering, playout, VOD platform development or IP network development is expected.
• Identify local commercial leads related to the Isle of Man, elaborate client proposals jointly with relevant group function, structure and support negotiation of offers, execute sales and manage relationships with existing and potential customers;
• In adherence to the overall SES Video strategy, analyse market trends, develop and mature proposals for new solution architectures and eventually new products in the video domain to influence investment decisions
• Work with respective group entities in scoping out market requirements and defining pricing for new products
• Develop new initiatives in partnership with local stakeholders from government, events,the incumbent digital media industry and startups
• Present solutions, projects and offers to partners and clients
• Support local business development activities in related areas such as the Isle of Man teleport
• A passion for technology and aspiration to innovate
• Strong architectural skills, translating market opportunities into solutions
• Interest in both theoretical aspects and hands-on work
• Excellent analytical and abstraction skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Very good coordination, time management and priority setting skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with vendors, customers and colleagues
• Can do attitude, independent working style and team player in multi-national environment
Qualifications and Experience
• Academic engineering degree in digital media, IT, telecommunication or broadcasting related to video; a further business qualification would be beneficial
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience as project manager, solutions architect or sales engineer in video applications from broadcast video distribution technologies, CDN, Fibre, VOD, content preparation, playout or any other web services in the area of video related data
• IP networking knowledge. System engineering expertise appreciated
• Strong knowledge of video technology market trends, major industrial players, technical standards
• Additional knowledge and experience in satellites and RF-systems welcome
• Fluency in English is essential with German or French beneficial
Other Key Requirements / Comments
• Project driven European and international travel
• Willingness to locate in / relocate to the IoM
If you wish to apply for the above position, please forward your CV and covering letter to Stephen Barritt, Senior Coordinator, SES Satellite Leasing Ltd, 1st Floor, Belgravia House,34-44 Circular Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1AE. Telephone 01624 645322. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday 4th August 2017.
Direct applications only – no agencies.
SES is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer