A team of specialist industry advisors to collectively advise on a wide range topics within the media industry and beyond.
Read more about our Team, Board of Directors and Specialist Advisors.
Michael Wilson – CEO
- Current – Chief Executive Officer, Isle of Media
- Previous – Managing Director of Northern Ireland ITV region, UTV. Managing Director – UTV Ireland. Managing Director – UTV Interactive. Head of Newsgathering – Five News. Managing Editor – Sky News Ireland. Senior News Editor – Sky News
- 30 years of international programme commissioning, executive producer and editor in chief experience
- Former Chair of Royal Television Society in Northern Ireland, founder member of Irish Film and Television Academy
David Mousley – Business Development Director
- Current – Founder director of Shore Media Ltd. Special Advisor on digital media, games and entertainment.
- Previous – David worked as Special Advisor for the Isle of Man Government for the media sector. David is the former CEO of Red Vision, UK Visual Effects and CGI company, winning two BAFTA, two Royal Television Society awards and Emmy nominations for excellence and innovation in VFX and animation. In 1999, David formed Virtual Racing Systems.
- David has been a board member of BAFTA North and a participant in the Presidential Advisory Board at the University Academy of Arts San Francisco.
Lián Sherriff – Manager
- Current – Office & Event Manager for Isle of Media. Team member Isle of Man Film Festival.
- Previous – Advertising media sales manager Hospitality Ireland magazine and Irish Property Buyer magazine. With over 20 years experience in media, advertising sales, client services and events in Ireland.
Andrew MacLaren – Head of Technology
Current – Manager Business Development Video Products, SES Satellites
- A Manx Entrepreneur and Digital Executive Director (CTO / CXO), founder and team mate in successful technology businesses that has just returned to the Island after 20+ years in London.
- Pioneered digital solutions especially for sports & events and the media industry. Delivered the first Isle of Man TT Races App.
Dr. Richard Arning – Chairman
- Current – VP Business Development of SES Satellite Leasing, the entrepreneurial arm of SES
- Previous – Co-founded two startups. Worked for Airbus in Technology, software and systems engineering and M&A advisory
- Board member of MICTA and NorthInvest
- Doctorate degree in aerospace engineering from the Technical University RWTH Aachen in Germany
David Beynon – Director
- Current – Director at Greenlight TV
- Producer and Director with 25 years of experience in motorsport production
- Live direction includes the FIA GT1 World Championship with up to 26 track cameras, 20 on-board cameras, effects cameras and helicopter cameras
- Over 1000 hours live directing of motorsport
Peter Duke – Director
- Current – Founding Director and CEO at Duke Marketing Ltd, (part of Motorsports Networks), one of the world’s first special interest video publishers and number 1 market position worldwide for over 30 years
- Thousands of programmes distributed about all forms of powersport to home video and broadcast clients, Duke sells over 1500 programmes as downloads and distributes over 50 via Apple and other third party digital outlets.
- In 1985, Duke commissioned the first professional coverage of the TT Races to be distributed internationally and immediately after the races (TV and video).
- Member of IOMG Broadcast Study, 1994
Dr Bettina Brinkmann
- Broad expertise in media production, international co-productions, content acquisition, business development and event management/production and was decisive in closing international deals and executing major projects with some of the worlds leading institutions and brands. Before starting her own business she worked in various executive roles in the media and marketing sector, covering a broad scope of responsibilities.With a proven track record in media production, format development, content acquisition, film production and event management; Bettina was decisive in closing international deals and major projects with some of the world’s leading institutions and brands.
- She held management positions both within the private sector (Bertelsmann, RTL, VOX) and the public sector (ZDF) and was running the TV unit a multi-national organization (EBU) in Geneva.
- Bettina is experienced in setting up international partnerships and in defining market entry strategies. Parallel to her professional engagement she is on the Steering board of a Swiss animal welfare foundation and active in the food R&D sector.
- Shareholder of a Swiss company and co-founder of a new venture in the field of e-sports.
- PhD in media and culture and has continued advanced studies at the International Institute for Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Current – CEO and co-founder of Digital Circus Media. Digital Circus is a Strategic Media Consulting company specialising in Media Development, Media Production, Game Development, Branding and Digital Planning. Executive Chairman – AroCinema
- Previous – President and General Manager of Discovery Channel and various executive positions at Discovery Networks developing Shark Week, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery and other brands like Velocity. His programming portfolio has received numerous EMMY Awards, Dupont and Peabody Awards and an Oscar. Clark is a recipient of the Jackson Hole Lifetime Achievement Award and Distinguished Alumni Award from Michigan State University. He earned a BA and MA from MSU and has been awarded an honorary MA and PhD.
Dr Frank Hoffmann
- Current – Chief Strategy Officer, MX1
- Previous -Service operations experience from PREMIERE, Sky Germany, as Director Consumer Electronics, Managing Director of its Test Solution Centre and Head of Technology Operations
- Graduate of the Chair of Services Management of the Ingolstadt School of Management
Joan Burney Keatings MBE
- Current – Chief Executive – Cinemagic Film and Television Festival
- Previous – led the award-winning children’s charity Cinemagic for the last 17 years, growing the festival to a global stage, engaging with over 500,000 young people, screening over 3000 films and hosting over 500 masterclasses. Joan’s drive and passion were also acknowledged in 2012 when she was awarded an MBE by Her Majesty the Queen for Outstanding services to Media and the Arts. She was one of the youngest ever recipients of this award.
- Current – Managing Director at Dixcart, since 1997
- Previous – training and qualification with PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Current -Director of Celtic Media Festival
- Previous – worked extensively in broadcasting, mainly focusing on sports production and international delivery
- Current – audit and advisory Director of KPMG LLC, Isle of Man
- Previous – As well as his audit portfolio, Simon has extensive M&A experience
- Chairman of Bridge, an Isle of Man start up accelerator connecting entrepreneurs with investors, incubators, mentors
- Current – Co-founder of Crowdfund TV, a new financing solution for the international TV industry, Chair of C21 Media, leading digital publisher providing the international TV and Digital market with news, data and analysis, and CEO of Formatzone, a TV production and distribution company
- Previous – Executive Producer of the hit series, Supernanny USA for ABC, founding Managing Director of Mentorn International which produced and distributed the hit TV show, event and toy brand ‘Robot Wars’ to over 50 countries
- Current – CEO of Off the Fence which recently was acquired by ZDF Enterprises. She founded Off the Fence in 1994. Under her leadership the company acquired, produced and co-produced over 6,000 hours of content. Ellen is a seasoned Executive Producer and Distributor, and has produced over 400 hours to date herself.
- Previous – Engagements with Fremantle and Atlantis.
- Ellen is the Treasurer of the Jackson Hole Trust and a Board Member of the Wild Talk Festival as well as an Advisory Board Member for Realscreen London.